Monday, October 27, 2014

Family Run Events

I wanted to let everyone know about a couple of fun family run events coming up. The first is the Turn Back the Clock family mile, 5k, 10k and half-marathon at Rainier Vista Park in Lacey. The family mile is free this year if you sign up in person at South Sound Running. The kids enjoy the run and the finisher medal. I enjoy the family time and think of this as the only good thing about daylight savings.

You can get the details here: http://www.ontherunevents.com/turnbacktheclock/

The next family event takes place on Thanksgiving morning. I find this event far more in the spirit of the season than Black Friday shopping. Everyone is asked to bring donations for the food bank. There is a kids 1/2 mile and a 4 mile run/walk. Many come dressed in costumes and/or as part of a team. This year my youngest is doing the kids' run with her dad. My oldest is still deciding if he wants to run with them or walk the longer course with me. I love this tradition and find I am much more amendable to the chaos of family holidays after the fresh air and exercise.

If you would like to join us sign up here: http://olytrot.com/index.html

OlyTrot 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment